Friday, November 22, 2013

Baked/ Roast honey lime chicken breast

The vegetarian shop nearby has closed down :( I ain't a vegetarian, but at times, I get sick of eating outside food and I would resort to eating there, cos its food is less oily and less seasoned. Argh.. but now it's no more there. So I try and make my own lunch, which I guess is a good thing. I made this roast chicken breast today, so that I can have extra roast chicken left for salad tomorrow morning for myself, the lil' fella and also the hubby.






Marinated this piece of chicken breast with
 
  • Grated garlic and ginger (I used a cheese grater)
  • Oyster sauce
  • Bragg's liquid amino (soy sauce)
  • Toasted sesame oil, organic
  • Salt and cracked black pepper
  • Blackstrap molasses (great as a replacement for honey, it gives it that stickiness and also the BBQ flavor and the hint of sweetness, not too overpowering like honey)
  • Lime juice
I couldn't specify the amount used, cos I was happily pouring everything in, without trying to remember how much of everything put in.

I also slice two piece of the sweet lime and covered the upper part of the breast, in order to seal in the juices, or else the meat may gets too try. I covered the chicken with aluminum foil for the first 20min of baking, and only removed the foil last 5min. This was very effective in helping to keep the meat succulent and juicy.

Note: should remove the rind/ skin of the lime, it gave the juice a little bitterness :p

I baked this (with my toaster oven) at 190deg for 25min.

Ate half the breast, and left the other half for salad the next morning. Further marinated the remaining ones with Japanese Goma dressing.


 
 
My hubby loved this salad very much, with a special mention on the chicken. Guess I'll be making more of this in the future, also means more roast chicken for lunch for me :p 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...