Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Creamy mushroom soup


 
 
 
I am good at making soups, the creamy type, cos I own a superb blender. It never fails to give me creamy, lump free soup each time, it's sooo smooth that hubby starts to complain that there are no texture in my soup. I was like.. isn't creamy soup supposed to be creamy? Why should there be texture? Oh well.. for that, I had to forbid myself from blending it for too long, or, I would spoon out about 1/3 of the soup after about a min of pulsating and blend the rest till smooth, in order to give my hubby 'the texture'.
 

Here's my simple recipe for a great, delicious, creamy mushroom soup (which is way better than many that's served outside):
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • about 5-7 brown button mushrooms (I used to buy imported ones, but I started using the ones grown locally, they tastes good and fresh too! and of course, cheaper)
  • half a red onion/ or white onion, whatever available
  • half a medium size sweet potato*
  • about 1cup milk (full cream milk would be great) or cream (your choice)
  • seasoning: salt and pepper
*I used to thicken my soup with rolled oat and blend everything. But recently, when started to make pureed food for the lil' fella, I realized sweet potatoes are not just great thickeners for sauce or soups, but they also render that natural sweetness to the dish.

Instructions:
Steam everything for about 15-30min, with milk. Blitz all in a blender (together with the milk and liquid from steaming).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...