Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Chocolate lava cake for breakfast? Good bye 2013

It's the last day of 2013, and I've got no bread for breakfast. And there's only little milk left for lil' fella's oatmeal. So I just made this (!!) for breakfast. Hahaa! What a brekkie! Oh well, it's a good way to end 2013, in style, indulging :p
 
This is actually a simple chocolate lava cake recipe by Martha Stewart. We've baked it a few times (with my baking buddies). But somehow, we either get it or not each time. It's the baking temp. and time. I keep on forgetting that I need to bake it at 200deg C (even in a fan-forced oven) at 9-10minutes!! I finally got it right this time! Just the way I want it, the way the chocolate oozes out.. Yummm!!



Chocolate lava cake with oatmeal. What a brekkie!

Recipe (adapted from Martha Stewart's)
*60g unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for ramekin dish   
*3tbsp molasses
*3eggs
*1/3 cup all purpose flour
*pinch of salt
*250g bittersweet chocolate, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Generously butter 6-7 small ramekin dish.
  2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and molasses until soft and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt until well combined.
  3. Beat in melted chocolate until just combined. Divide batter evenly among ramekin dishes.
  4. Bake for 9-10min. Remove from oven. Let stand for 5min.
P/S: I wanted to add a dash of cognac into the cake. But I held it off, cos 'it's just a breakfast!'!! :p
 

I'm submitting this post to Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipe Collection 2013 event, hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.

1 comment:

  1. I have told myself that I must perfect the chocolate lava cake in 2014. This looks great!

    Happy 2014 to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...