Friday, March 21, 2014

Pac man sandwich (with pesto and mustard chicken)

 
 
 
I called this a pac man sandwich. Don't you think it looks like pac man? Only if you know what pac man is. It was one of those games we played on video player, during my childhood time. Wonder if my boy will know about pac man in future.
 
The bun was made with my usual soft and fluffy bread recipe, and the filling was green Japanese cucumber with healthy and delicious pesto and mustard chicken. I have stopped using mayonnaise in my sandwiches for quite some time. I launched a personal campaign on 'say no to trans fat' which forbid myself and everyone in my family to consume anything with trans fat, ie breads and buns from outside, commercially baked cookies, cakes and tarts and also mayonnaise. I'm not against it for its fat content. I have no problem stuffing myself with good butter and good cheese. But it is the fact that it's sooo commercially processed, making it non-agreeable by our body. Trans fat has been chemically modified. As a result, our body cannot process it nor excrete it. In the end, it stays in our body and the effects are cumulative.
 

It can be difficult in the beginning, cos it takes effort. And homebaked stuffs without trans fat will never taste the same as the ones from outside. But they can be yummy in their very own way. Check out this chicken sandwich filling made without mayonnaise.

  • 1 side of chicken breast, steam-cooked and shredded
  • 2tbsp pesto paste
  • 1tbsp greek yogurt, plain
  • 1tbsp cream cheese
  • 1tsp coarse grain mustard
Mix all together and serve in sandwich, or with a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...