My lil' fella has a play date cum birthday party to attend later today. They are gonna be swimming. But the problem is the party starts at 5:30pm, which means I gotta finish work, go fetch him from the nanny's and send him to the party. I won't have time to bake some luscious cakes or muffins for the kiddos, so I decided to do this light and refreshing granola and yogurt pots for the little people as snacks after their dip.
They are healthy, very yummy and easy to prepare. They make great and filling breakfast too.
First, I prepare the granola a day ahead and they can keep for at least 7-10 days in an air-tight container. I don't think they will keep that long anyway, cos both hubby and the lil' fella love munching on them as snacks. Me too, actually :p
To prepare the granola, I have:
- 2tbsp raw almond
- 2tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4tbsp rolled oat
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3tbsp virgin coconut oil, adjustable, making sure all nuts, seeds and oats are wet
- 2tbsp honey
- Combine all the above ingredients and making sure all nuts, seeds and oats are moist. If still looking dry, add virgin coconut oil to adjust.
- Preheat oven to 160deg C.
- Spread a thin layer of the wet mixed nuts and seeds on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15min. Remove the tray and flip the wet mixed nuts to the other side, stir with wooden spatula.
- Bake for another 10-15min until seeds has puffed up.
- For mine, I also add in another 3tbsp spell puff to the mixture and bake for another 5min.
- Remove tray from oven. Let cool and store granola in air-tight container.
- Honey or orange marmalade or fruit puree/ jam
- Plain natural yogurt