Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Easy vege stew rice


My mommies network of friends would rejoice when they see me preparing rice dishes for my little boy. Out of convenience and my own 'lazziness' I always prepare pasta for my little boy, so I seldom share on recipes for rice dishes. Recently the mommies in Healthy Food for My Baby facebook group has been talking about how they fried rice or prepare rice stew using some prepared vege puree. So I decided to try it with my rice stew this morning. Interestingly, it did turn out nice. It made the rice stew extra creamy and very fragrant. There were leftover after I packed them in the thermal container for my boy's lunch, so I also packed the balance for my lunch. 

I love cooking my rice dishes for my boy this way. It makes it soft and a little mushy. My mom dislike it, probably my hubby wouldn't like it cos they like their rice dry with good bite. I hope my son likes it this way. I am not sure yet, cos so far he hasn't shown much preference for neither dry cooked rice or rice simmered in stew or stock. 

Recipe 
  • 4tbsp super rice grain (which I prepared by mixing together brown rice, millet, quinoa, red lentils and amaranth), soaked for overnight in the fridge. Soaking makes it easier to cook and to be absorbed. 
  • 1-2tbsp rice bran oil (for cooking) 
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced 
  • 1/4 onion, finely minced 
  • 1/4 medium carrot, finely cubed 
  • 3cups of chicken and vege stock 
  • 3tbsp roasted vege puree (for recipe, please refer here)
  • Seasoning of your choice (I used a little liquid amino by Bragg's)  
Instructions: 
  1. Heat up the wok with rice bran oil. 
  2. Stir in garlic and onion. Fry for about 1-2min. Stir in cubed carrot, fry for another 2min. 
  3. Stir in soaked rice grain. Fry for another 2min. 
  4. Pour in stock and vege puree. 
  5. Simmer for about 20-40min or until all the liquid are absorbed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...