Saturday, September 6, 2014

Cornflakes crusted french toast


I have been so lazy lately. Haven't been making proper breakfasts for the little fella. We just have the simple and easy overnight oat. It's seriously the most fuss-free breakfast ever. Felt a little guilty about it when I saw mommies in the Healthy Food For My Baby group on FB making nice breakfasts for their little ones, and I came across a mom who shared about this, cornflakes crusted french toast, thought I should make it for my lil' fella. He loves cornflakes, he should love this. How wrong am I. It turned out that he wasn't big fan of the french toasts. He picked up the cornflakes from the toast and ate them. Meh... 

Anyway, I'm still sharing about it, cos I loved it myself. One tip, serve it and eat it when freshly made. The cornflakes weren't as crispy after left out for some time. 

Here's how you make it. It's pretty much like making the normal french toast, with an added step of dipping the egg-soaked-bread in crushed cornflakes.


  • Few slices of bread 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 2 tablespoon of sugar
  • 2 tablespoon of milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt 
  • Knob of butter for pan 
  • 2-3 cups of cornflakes

Instructions
  1. Crush the cornflakes in a ziplock or sandwich bag. 
  2. Beat together eggs, sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt. 
  3. Heat up a pan, add a knob of butter, swirl around the pan until it melts. 
  4. Dip both side of bread into the egg mixture, coat thoroughly with the crushed cornflakes mixture. Press lightly so the cornflakes stick. 
  5. Place the crusted french toast on the pan until it cooks to golden brown on one side and repeat with the other side. 
  6. Serve immediately. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...