If you've been following my blog, then you'd have realized that I have not been active lately. In fact, I have not been active on all my social media accounts at all. I have been occupied, with all sorts. I have been seriously busy with the business's accounting stuffs, and then the GST issue, and at the same time, I have been preparing for Josh's tot school. He's now 30month old, he's in the midst of getting potty-trained, nearly there, hip hip hooray (3x)! Praise the Lord. With the implementation of GST, it isn't the best time to use or spend on diapers. Yes, that was supposed to be a sleazy joke.
Anyways, back to this recipe, this is a fantastic straight dough recipe that I've been baking with a lot lately. It's a small dough which makes about 6-8 buns. Again, I have kneaded this dough using my trusty breadmaker by Donlim, and then baked them in a small toaster oven.
Despite of the fact that they are from a straight dough recipe that involves no starter dough or whatnot, they still turn out to be soft and fluffy. They still have that fragrant miso flavor in them. I wrote a lengthy post about 'cooking with miso for toddler' some time back, here's the link.
Here's the recipe for this fabulous miso bun:
- 30g grapeseed oil
- 180g water
- 2tbsp organic miso paste
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 200g Hi Protein flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 2tsp yeast
- Place all ingredients in the order listed above, into the breadpan.
- Insert and lock breadpan into the machine.
- Select mode no. 7 (dough).
- After 1hour 30min, a beep alert will sound indicating that the dough is ready.
- Remove the dough from the breadmaker.
- Punch the dough a few times to remove trapped air. Form about 80g portion into ball shape. This recipe makes about 6-8 buns.
- Brush top of buns with water and sprinkle generously with black and white sesame seeds.
- Cover buns with cling film and proof for about 45min, or until double in size. **Do you know that I have once proved my buns in my car under the hot sun, so they proved really fast and I got the buns ready in shorter time?
- Preheat oven to 180deg C and bake the buns for about 18min.